Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dish Up The Goods, Ladies!

I really, really, REALLY (can’t emphasize the really enough here people) want you to email me your stories! I’ve gotten some wonderful comments (which I am so grateful for seeing as how I fully expected no one to reply at all! … my mom excluded – thanks mom for the support!) … but what we truly need to get this project up and running is to hear from you!!! Seriously, my life is not that interesting – I can’t keep this going by myself. As mothers and homemakers, crazy things happen to us every day. I beg you – implore you – to just take a moment tonight to think about something your child said or did, something your family experienced, something that challenged you, something that fomented personal growth – I don’t know – something you found unexpectedly while cleaning the bathroom (anything!!!) and think about how it either taught you a lesson or how it may have reaffirmed the values and ideals you already hold dear. Then, I want you to write! I am commanding you now – write it down. Do not worry about grammar. I am not your 10th grade English teacher. And no one, especially another mother reading this site, would pass judgment on any mother’s writing skills when they know fully well that the story they are reading was probably composed as the author hid in her closet pecking away at a keyboard in the dark, clandestinely inhaling contraband Dr. Pepper and Nestles Toll House chocolate chips, while in the background sounds of “Where is mommy? I’m going to tell that you’re putting dog food in the potty!” are tormenting her mind.


Enough said, ladies – NOW WRITE!

Oh – and don’t forget to include your first name, mother of # and “pearl of domestic wisdom for society” at the end!

Email to: pearlsofdomesticwisdom@yahoo.com or rachelbanash@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment