Monday, February 8, 2010

Pearl #3

So some believe a blog site is really just a brag site were you tell the whole bloggin world about how great your life is and how fantastic your children are. However  on my blog I practically do just the opposite. I tell of the weird, wild, wacky and wicked things my children (and occassionally myself) do. Who believes that telling a story about smeared boogers and ugly words is bragging? If I wanted to brag I would post my most perfect meals, the beautiful new fall pumpkins I made, mydaughter's new handmade maiden costume that I spent 3 days on (which looks nothing like how I envisioned it), or how my kids are good eaters, or how they sit perfectly reverent during prayers (yeah right), or how good they are at their chores, or how they are top of their class (oops I think I posted one of those), you get the idea. Anyway my children are still very young and have no clue that I post the naughty things they say and do on the internet for all to read. Regardless I find it amusing that they feel the same desire to share the weird and wacky things I do with others as well. Last week when my husband got home my daughters couldn't wait to tell him about how I forgot my purse when we went to Dairy Queen and had to rob my oldest daughter of her snow cone money to pay the bill. Then last night my parents called and as the conversation was winding down my oldest shouts out she really needs to talk to Grandpa. I say okay and hand her the phone. She states, "Grandpa, guess what?! My mom forgot to pick me and Connor (friend) up at school today and I was about to cry, but then I went to the office and the lady in there made me laugh and she called to remind my mom to come and get me. Can you believe she forgot about me?" Yes, I got distracted sewing that perfect maiden costume. Then my dad wanted to talk to me again to say shame on you.  So, here's my pearl:  what goes around comes around, even when they don't know it. If my kids could have a blog they would probably not brag about me at all either. It would be full of all the ways I have wronged them, how crazy I am and then occassionally they would post a cool mom one. It must be in our nature to want to share with others the crazy days in our lives.

Tess, mother of 4

No comments:

Post a Comment