Friday, February 19, 2010

Pearl #7

I thought I'd share some thoughts and experiences with you and your readers, even though I am not a real mom. I tried to be one many times and many ways during my life, and never was so blessed. But on rare occassions, I would dream I had children. Oh, how much I loved those dream babies! How awed I was when I woke up after dreaming of bathing them or some simple thing, and I couldn't believe the degree of love and wonder they evoked. The real thing must be truly incredible.


But I have been blessed to be the "mother" of kitties, and they have given me so much too. In times of stress they show me tranquility. In times of temper they show me the wisdom of silence. Comfort and companionship are never missing when they are near.

Plus they do they do some pretty cute things. My three year old female loves to be wrapped up in a blanket and held like a baby. And after she has her breakfast she goes back to my bed where she sleeps with me at night, and tucks herself back in under the covers for her morning nap. Now what kid does that?

An amazing thing about animals is that they love unconditionally and never betray you. Not many people do that~ So, they are even role models. Best of all, they stay little and you never have to deal with teenagers! I think if I'd been a real mom kitties would have helped me be a better one.

Ranny, mother of 3 kitties

2 comments:

  1. I believe that women are given the responsibility of nuturing all of God's weaker creatures - whether they be babies or kittens. And I think that just because you were not given the opportunity to have children does not mean that you are not a mother. You give just as much love, worry and energy to your little ones as any mother would give to her children. I think you are an excellent mother - your kitties are very lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember being very young and staying the night with you. I wore your nightgown, played with your makeup and ate Ramen noodles. I just remember feeling very safe and loved with you. You deffinetly have a nurturing spirit! I love that you have a kitty that likes to be wrapped like a baby. I try that with Tate sometimes when I get the baby cravings and it doesn't go over very well!

    ReplyDelete