Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pearl #5

Ok so this is kind of embarrassing - but here it goes.  I was out shopping one day and saw a rack of kind of saucy nighties and stuff.  I've always been a tomboy (and a real modest one) and I've never worn anything with lace.  So as I looked over at all the girlly sleepwear, I began to wonder if maybe my husband was kind of sad because I usually slept in old, ratty tee-shirts - not anything flirty or frilly.  I don't know what came over me - but really quickly I walked over to the rack and just grabbed the first nightie I could get my hands on.  I stuffed it down in my cart as deep as it would go so no one would see it.  Of course - murphy's law- the only cashier was a guy!  I just about died.  Well, when I got home I put it in my underwear drawer far in the back under all my big old hanes her way granny panties.  I thought about it throughout the afternoon and wondered if I had the courage to wear it to bed.  By late afternoon I had pretty much come to the conclusion that I'd wasted 15.00 and would have to wrap it in a grocery sack and slip it in the trash right before our next trash day.  Well, that evening my husband and I were sitting around watching t.v. with one of his friends when my mommy radar started to go off.  Just as I started to get up off the couch to check on our 2 year old I heard her let out this evil little giggle and she came racing out of our bedroom, down the hall and into the living room wearing - you guessed it - my stupid nightie!  Don't ask me how - but she had found it and figured out how to put the thing on.  One of her fat little hands clutched the see thru blue polka dotted underwear - giving herself a wedgie. And her other hand held up the see thru top - complete with built in push up bra - over her little baby chest!!!  Um - awkward doesn't even describe the moment!  So here is a little pearl - learned the hard way - to everyone out there.  Don't try to be something you're not - sooner or later - you'll just get exposed!

K, mother of 2

1 comment: