Sunday, February 14, 2010

Pearl #6

I have only been a mom for 7 months. I am learning something new everyday and many days I feel like I will never figure it all out. I never knew what mommy guilt was and I had no idea how much I could love a tiny little human. I have so much to learn and very little "pearls" to offer but there is one thing that I have realized over the past 7 months. As moms, we must love, encourage, and accept each other. There is not a "right" way and a "wrong" way to parent. Each of us are doing the absolute best we can for our family and for our babies. I have found that sometimes mommies can be very hard on each other and judge each other for how we parent. But as long as we love those babies with every fiber of our being and do the very best for them, we are honoring the gift that God gave us. Remember to encourage new moms and "seasoned" moms. Remember to offer love, hope, and a listening ear.


Jennifer mother of 1

1 comment:

  1. That is such a huge lesson for first time moms! Before I had kids, if I saw some frazzled mom in the grocery store with a screaming toddler I would have thought - "Lady, control your kid... is it that hard?" But having my own gave me a big slice of humble pie! It's not easy and we're just doing the best we know how! Thanks for contributing!

    ReplyDelete